Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I'm a believer in celebrating a holiday to the fullest for my kids sake. The looks on their faces when they woke up this morning to a bucket of goodies made me fuzzy inside. Heart shaped waffles that had them amazed that cereal wasn't on the menu. The looks on their faces and the joy of them coming out of school with all of their Valentines given by their classmates is always fun to hear about.

More times then not Greg and I skip celebrating holidays for each other. We always say that we rather spend the money on something for the kids or something that is needed for the house or car.

I wish Greg could have seen the look on my face as I opened the door with a crying kid in my hands and another at my feet yelling "Cheetos's". I almost started to cry. I don't care if its a Holiday in which a guy is supposed to remember that he loves me. Sometimes in the mist of our busy schedules in New Mexico or Arizona, just knowing that a smile will be brought to my face is what matters. It worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment