Monday, January 9, 2012

The things she teaches me

I've always said that the day I found out that I was pregnant with Tylerr was the day I grew up. I was 23 when I found out I was pregnant, not married and scared shittless to tell my parents. Yes, 23...not 16.

a very short 4 months later I was married and soon going to deliver a baby. The most beautiful baby that I had ever seen, ok...not really. She looked like a hairy Indian baby!  I'm sure most people that knew me thought that I'd be a mess of a mom. I mean I'm not perfect, but I never really liked kids or even babies. So even if they did think that, I was putting money on it too.

This amazingly innocent, smart child teaches me things about my self daily.

Its ok to cry.

Its ok to fail, as long as you learn.

Saying your sorry is the best medicine for friendships and family even if they refuse to hear it.

Its ok to be aggressive.

Be yourself, people don't like fake. 

Jesus loves us.

Hugs heal.

Mistakes happen.

Honest is the best policy.

Today Tylerr told me a story about how she gave a girl a hug at  school because she fell. I told her that she was being a good friend and that it was the right thing to do. I asked her "where did you get so smart", her answer was...."you taught me".

I'm hoping that I can prove some of those people wrong that doubted me 7 years ago. Today I proved myself wrong. Thank you Tylerr.

No comments:

Post a Comment