Saturday, January 8, 2011

Every year....

Every Year I think about a New Years resolution. Maybe curse less, be nicer to people, try not to stress as much...lets be honest...none of the above is actually going to happen. But one thing I always want to do is get back into church. My kids love going and lets face it, after attending church you feel like you are on a high. I know that this isn't the reason why I should attend.

There are still things that I don't understand about church. I don't believe in power of prayer, it really doesn't make sense to me. But most of all I feel like once I go and met people, form a relationship, then see them outside of church.....that's when all HELL breaks lose. This is what turns me away from church.

These good Christian women with their Christian beliefs....  every Sunday morning  and Wednesday evening are preaching to a group of other woman. I think you may know what I am talking about. Its those Women that you just went out with the night before that are dancing on tables and puking in the nearest bush.I do know that Jesus himself drank wine, but I'm not so sure that he drank so much that Mark,Peter or Paul had to hold his hair back for him.

Look, I've dance on my share of tables, and chairs before but, I also am not two faced when in the company of anyone different than me or anyone that would pass judgment on me. I guess I just don't understand people in general that aren't themselves.

I think this year and every year to come, I'm going to teach my kids that they are special in every way. To never be what someone else wants you to be. Be honest with yourself.........if people don't like it...well we know where they can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment